Play Golf or Tennis
As part of the Wests group, we amalgamated with Wests Tennis Club in 2007 and with Lakeside Golf Club in 2012. At Wests Tennis Club we are pleased to offer a range of competition, tournaments and coaching options for all ages, abilities and skill levels. At Lakeside Golf Club Camden we offer a Junior Golf program, as well as an assortment of competition days, social days or school days.
Lakeside Club Club Camden has a golf membership made up of male and female adults and junior players. The Club also has NSW Pennant teams representing in the Major Pennants and Master Pennants teams as well as the Ladies Silver Pennants and Nepean Pennants and the Encourage Shield team for Junior players. The Golf Club has many internal competitions such as Monthly Medal, Club Championships and regular competition days listed below:
Tuesday – Men’s and Ladies Competitions Friday – Open Competition (Men and Ladies)
Saturday – Mens, Ladies and Junior Competitions Sunday – Friday – Open Competition (Men and Ladies)
- Social play – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and the afternoons of competition day equate to approximately 300 rounds per week.
- Sunday Social groups – attracts many Social Clubs/Sporting groups from the surrounding areas.
- Corporate Golf days – host to approximately 30 Corporate days per annum offering local charities and businesses reduced rates.
- School Golf – Hosting of the Sydney South West Secondary Schools Golf Championships and the NSW PSSA Golf Championships. The Club continues to work with local Schools in regard to the promotion of golf. Three Schools currently use the Club’s Driving Range for 1 hour per week.
- Junior Golf Academy – The Club continues to promote Junior Golf through the Absolute Junior Golf Program.
Wests Tennis Club has male, female and junior players and they participate in the following competitions held at the Club:
– Australia Day Round Robin – Medibank Junior Development Series
– Seniors Tournament (National Ranking Tournament) – Club Championships
– NSW State Series (Tournaments) – Open Junior Tournament (National Ranking Tournament)
– Club Handicap Championships
– Tuesday Night Mens Doubles Competition – Wednesday Night Singles Competition
– Thursday Night Mixed Doubles Competition – Saturday Morning Junior Competition
– Saturday Afternoon Unisex Doubles Competition – Tuesday Ladies Double Competition
– Thursday Ladies Doubles Competition – Friday Night Singles Matchplay
In addition, State-wide competitions such as Southern Districts Championships and Interdistrict Championships are also held at the Tennis Club and available for members to participate.
Lakeside Club Club Camden subcontracts Golf Coaching and Junior Golf Development to Mr Jeff Mansfield – AAAPGA. Lakeside Golf Club is a registered MYGOLF Centre with Golf Australia. The following coaching is offered to all members:
- The Junior Golf program – on Saturdays
- Come and Try Golf Days for Beginners – held during School holidays
- Golf Clinic for girls provided during School Holidays
- Advanced golf coaching days are held regularly throughout the year – aimed at players with golf handicaps. Teaching and skills test on chipping, putting and long game.
- One on one coaching available at any time
Mr Jarad Zeeman and Mr Ian Brabazon are Wests Tennis Club Coaches, they also subcontract coaching as needed. Offices are provided for the Coaches to operate their business with equipment and a shopfront. Further information is provided at www.centrecourttennis.com.au. The Southern Districts Tennis Association also provides coaching staff as needed. The following coaching is offered to all members: